Monday, January 24, 2011

Contraversial?

                                                                imgres.jpeg
I Personally Agree with Mrs. Martin. It's a little ridiculous but i like it. it makes me question the ideas behind the artist and why he did what he did, i think the piece is pretty fabulous though.  Capturing something that always captures humans.  I really enjoy the idea behind it.  I enjoyed the website although i wish that they would have put the pictures or several photos of the pieces directly on there jumping all over the place wasn't very fun.  I wouldn't say that it "Blows My Mind" but i am puzzled. although i think tiger sharks are endangered so i can understand that.  but as far as some of the other pieces, i really have no idea why it matters. there good pieces and there fun to look at.  I do Wonder, What would Mrs. Martin name the shark???

Well if this is controversial, i hope i can one day be in it. I Love stirring things up a bit.

Enjoy what is to come!
KAL

5 comments:

  1. The controversy of the shark piece was if the owner of the piece should fix the error in it when the formaldehyde started to leak, or if the owner should just let it leak and keep it in its original state, un-tampered with. I think it would be nonsense if you didn't fix it.. the artist didn't create the piece to break, therefore there is no "meaning" behind the break.. But then again... What is meaning behind anything in today's art world?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree what is the meaning behind anything artistic. I think that everyone is loosing their individuality and that they are not thinking about the art its self...but what makes it art. LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX!

    P.s. I love stirring things up too KAL...if you get my drift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There could be an endless amount of meaning behind the art. Everyone views art different so no one will have the exact same reaction to a piece of art. so in my opinion i do not see it as controversial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it is a great thing that this piece makes you wonder about the ideas the artist had and what he was thinking when he made this piece. That is one of the most beautiful things about art - your imagination could run wild!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with nena i think people need to have more individuality and try be there own person

    ReplyDelete