Thursday, March 17, 2011

Find an object pick it up cover it with fabric and all the day, MAKE FABRIC ART!

I Wanted to introduce you all to a new artist that I found last semester forgot about her and then decided to bring her back.  Her name is Shoplifter and Amber and I in first hour this morning were talking about ideas for the new breadth piece that we will all be creating then the idea of a fabric piece popped up.  All of that reminded me of Shoplifter and Her Fabric Art.  Throughout this i;ll be going through a few of my favorites by her.  The massive installments she creates out of hair and fabric are beautiful and innovative.


1_6complete-window-moma-retouched.jpg
I Love this piece its one of her newest and its behind glass but I think the way that the glass sections it off just adds another element of design to it.  I truly enjoy the way she incorporated lights in the fabrics and made it look alive, free flowing, moving, I think its a lot like life.  It's from her a.v.a.f series.
 13_5158v353v7l.jpg
I love the intensity of the look on this girls face how she looks so soft but like she's ready to do battle at any moment. its strong.
13_medulla1.jpg
heres another angle of the same design here she looks defeated. maybe perhaps she lost her battle that she was trying to win with beauty and softness.

13_bjork-by-araki-9_v2.jpg
This is a new one for me but the moment i saw it i was like "WOW"  Who knew doilies could be so innovative!
9_whitewedding3.jpg
This is by far my Favorite installment of hers. It's called White wedding and the horse looks absolutely gorgeous. if only to see this on a real horse, I think it would be something fantastic.
The tail is one of the best parts in my opinion so vw-ah la!
9_whitewedding5.jpg
I love the draping and the curl it looks like if the hors was walking it would bounce and twirl.

Alright one more that i thought was more humorous than artistic i guess her photography of it, is what make it artistic.
53_53zw1v6998shoppy.jpg
Her siamese twins installments are beautiful and certainly unique.
10_10w1v3403island.jpg

10_10w1v3435island.jpg
10_10w1v3537island.jpg
10_10w1v3542island.jpg
52_52essiamese10355v1.jpg
52_52essiamese10332v1.jpg
52_52essiamese10268v2.jpg
52_52essiamese102v1.jpg
In this last one i love the look on the girls face who is standing up. These are all t=her siamese twins installments.  and she has many other interesting pieces. I hope This has opened you up to a new art type and check her out!

Shoplifters website is





http://shoplifter.us/index.php?/installation-sc/white-wedding/

Check it out i think you might all enjoy it as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures don't show up on my computer but it sound interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. eww...it's hair. Thats kind of gross but besides that...it's really elegant and beautiful. I loved it

    ReplyDelete